The William A. Fry Undergraduate Conference on Literature and Writing
Taylor University Department of English is proud to host our seventh biannual Making Literature Conference, to be held February 28 - March 2, 2019 on our campus in Upland, Indiana. Students who attend will participate in a competitive but friendly literary conference featuring the critical and creative work of undergraduates from many different universities.
Please use the links below to submit work to the Conference Organizers for consideration. By submitting a critical paper or a piece of creative writing, you grant permission for your work to be archived permanently in digital form in Taylor University’s Institutional Repository. You will retain the ownership of and copyright for any work you submit and may use your work to pursue subsequent publication elsewhere.
Thank you for your interest in Making Literature 2019. We look forward to seeing you here!
- Submissions are open for critical papers on any topic in literary study
- Papers should be 6-10 pages long (suitable for a 15-minute reading)
- Papers should adhere to MLA formatting standards
- Please submit full papers (not abstracts) in Microsoft Word or PDF
- A $250 prize will be awarded for Best Critical Essay during this year's conference
- Submissions are open for creative works in fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction
- Submissions should be 6-10 pages long in total (suitable for a 15-minute reading) and may be comprised of a single prose piece, a single long poem, or a collection of shorter poems or prose pieces
- Please submit full creative projects (not abstracts) in Microsoft Word or PDF
- A $250 prize will be awarded for Best Creative Writing submission during this year's conference